Everything looks so peaceful when Tumblr is crashing
Why, Tumbler ? Why ?
Play the game of Bug or Feature with tumblr
1. Videos : no legend available with YT videos (and I suppose all kind of videos, but I post mostly YT videos to reply to someone, generally with a bad pun or a trying-to-be-witty-comment). That’s great. Because sometimes I post great songs because I love them, and sometimes, people think I’m just a Village People fan. Yeah !
2. Links : I don’t really understand what is going on there. Links just disappear in the code of my tag page, in both case of edition from richtext or html. Funnier, in the app, links just don’t work, and when clicked on, instead of going to wanted tag, just return to my home page. On a related topic, “more” function seems to disappear in the app. The post is working correctly in my browser, either on the page or on dashboard ; but in the app, I’m messing with your life and your feed with that awful 200 items list that is only useful for people wanting to explore my tumblr. Yeah !
3. Search : apparently, only the five main tags of a post are registered and appear in the search bar. Which is not really a bad thing to explore a new blog, but I’d really like to have access to the alternative tags. I.e., “Jean Cocteau” is unknown to the app, while in the browser the search function provides most of the posts available about the Poet. Sad.
4. copy-paste of anything in the app is a game of Tetris, since everything I paste just go on top of the post. So when I need to copy a very long/randomized URL, I have to accomplish a very tedious mental gymnastic to build my post. That kind of gymnastic is said to be very good to present Alzheimer. Yeah !
5. one of my favourite beature, is when I’m browsing a blog in the app (because I’m always looking for new things to add to my dashboard), and whoops-a-daisy ! I’m back at the most recent post, on top of the page. Which is great since it’s a good way to stop wasting time on Tumblr. Yeah !
“Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power?”
“It’s over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND!” (Over 9000)
“WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!
Another symbolic milestone crossed on this 21st April ! #whataday
Ce serait bien d’avoir une série de posts sur chacune de ces voitures, le pourquoi, des photos, etc etc.
C’est une excellente idée, et je la garde sous le coude pour le moment où je serai en manque de matériel pour ce blog.
A quick update on the peasant-cat situation (I just saw the new poster at the supermarket) :
– Swiss farmers are still going strong with the cat theme. Even if 2012 has called and want its meme back
– they seem to have fired the drug smoking intern that produced the first draft
– the new text makes a lot more sense, even if the pun is untranslatable
– I presume the first text makes sense in Swiss-German and was directly translated without checking with Swiss-French people if it was working
CANCER DU TROPIQUE : A PHOTOLOG ist heute 5 geworden!
Be seing you.
So, tomorrow Lent is begining. Among the sacrifices I’ll make on the path to Easter, I will stop my daily tumblr visits.
But don’t worry ! I spent this afternooon and evening to load my queue with enough material to provide this blog three posts a day for the next forty days. The program will consist mostly of bits of my Switzerland, Belgium, France and England travels.
If you’re bored and want to explore this blog in depth, don’t forget you have access to a pretty comprensive number of tags, available after the jump or at the tags page.
I hope you’ll enjoy it and to join you again after the Resurrection !
If for some reason, you want to keep in touch, I can be reached through mail : email@example.com
(and @jungerian-tangent, if you plan a bowebergdahl, escape to the hills and get captured by your local North-Dakotean Talibans or just change your url, don’t hesitate to inform me.)
Carspotting/American cars/Ford (incl. German models)
Carspotting/German cars/Ford (incl. US models)